The doctors attempted to extubate Adam's ventilator today. His lungs are working well, and he coughs good, but the esophagus is too swollen for him to breathe appropriately. They put a smaller tube back in and put him back on the ventilator. We will try again on Saturday. We need your prayers to help him be able to get off the ventilator. He'll be more comfortable if we can do that.
I was able to put my arms around him and hold him for a few minutes with me standing next to the bed and him sitting on the bed. This is the first time I have been able to come that close to holding him since the accident. It felt really good.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you got to hold Adam for a bit. There is nothing I want to do more than hold my child when they are hurting or in trouble. I'm sure it was a little healing for both of you. We are praying for you and Adam. We love you so.
Kim and Harold
I bet that felt really good to be able to hold your little boy. I'm so so glad to hear how well he is coming along! Even with the few setbacks, he is doing remarkably well. We pray for him and you and your family every day.
Cheryl
Post a Comment