Adam had a bronchioscopy today. It revealed some irritation in the trachea that needs to heal some more. We don't want to reintubate him, so he's on some medication to help it heal and he will need to stay in PICU for 5 to 7 more days.
I got to hold him again today, he laid his head towards me.
PICU was full and busy last week and through the weekend. Today it seemed empty and slow.
Just a little reminder to everyone as you enjoy the summer fun; wear helmets and be safe. :)
2 comments:
Susan and George,
We here at TVH are checking in on your blog. We are so excited to hear your good news. We witnessed first hand the power of prayer. Know that we are all pulling and praying for you.
You will need to bring Adam in and let all of these strangers that he will not remember give him a big hug when you finally get to go home.
We will check in later!
Dorothy RN
I've just read the entire account in the paper and then on this blog (I had heard about it in town) and my heart goes out to you and your family.
Though we've never met, I'm a neighbor just down in Henderson Canyon. My property has a flowing drainage ditch in it and I have a fearless 18 month old daughter who is constantly trying to keep up with her 4 yo brother. You are living my worst fear. Your story is such a wake up call to me to be more vigilant about that ditch. Thank you.
I'm so happy to hear about all of Adam's wonderful recovery news. He is in our prayers, as are you all.
Best,
Lisa Dyer
Post a Comment