Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Smile!




I gave myself a break and went to be a mom in Logan this weekend. It's my parents' 50th wedding anniversary this year and we celebrated it this past weekend. It was wonderful! So good to see family again. Siblings as well as Aunts, Uncles, cousins, neices, nephews, and friends. The two missionaries who taught and baptized my mother's family were there as well. I have two really neat parents! I enjoyed being with my children again, too. They are real troopers.

Adam gave us his first smile today. Emily sang him a song my children like to sing. "Way down yonder in the baw-baw patch", and he smiled and gave a little chuckle. Well,it was more like a "heh". Nontheless, he gave us a big toothy smile. (YAY!) He is holding himself up better and is much calmer today. We gave him his first tub bath, which he didn't appreciate very much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

George and Susan...so glad that little Adam is doing so miraculously well. Love and Best Wishes...Steve, Kamele and Family!

the dingbat (Adrienne) said...

Oh Susan, that is miraculous! I just can't stop thinking about your family, know that we love you and you are in our prayers continually!

Sara said...

Glad you were able to get away and spend time with your other babies. And family. Good to have and feel all that love and support, I am sure... And a sense of normalcy, (I don't know... Does that exist anymore?) even if it's just for a few hours or a few short minutes. Hang in there! Adam is doing so great... and so are YOU!

Sara said...

P.S. We still pray for Adam (and for all of you) at each prayer in our family throughout the day. Thanks for helping to strengthen our faith by sharing with us here. We can see the power of prayer and the workings of your miracle as it unfolds! Even though we have yet to meet all of you (in this life), we feel such a connection and so much love for your family.