Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Eating Again

Adam passed the swallow test well enough today to be able to eat soft foods and nectar thick liquids. HOORAY! For all the medical people out there, he is on the mechanical soft diet.

He added four more words to his vocabulary today. "No, don't!", ball, frog, and eye.

He is showing age appropriate behavior and development.

He slept a little better last night and is becoming more aware of his surroundings. I've moved into his room here at the hospital to help calm him at night.

George and the kids are home now and ready to carry on. I still don't know for sure how long Adam and I will be here, but I know the time is getting closer. Adam needs to be able to eat and move around, even if he just crawls.

3 comments:

Sarah Foreman McKellar said...

It sounds like his vocabulary is about the same as Lucie's, who is 2 months older! Yay! What wonderful news.

Dani said...

I'm having my art show opening tomorrow (thursday) from 6-8 in the HFAC, if you can come! No pressure if you can't, but I wanted to let you know. I'm so glad Adam is doing well.
Call me if you need more info about the show opening: (801) 850-3594.
Love you!
Dani

Cheryl said...

That's wonderful news that he passed his swallow test! I hope that he is able to come home soon. If George needs help with the kids, please don't hesitate to call me. I hope being there with Adam at night will help him out.
Love you,

Cheryl