Adam weaned off of the high pressure flow oxygen during the night to a regular size canula with a regular flow of oxygen. This morning he is completely off oxygen and has sustained a average level of 93%, while sleeping. Woohoo! He managed to pull out his NJ feeding tube and had to have a new one reinserted. They have to x-ray the tube to make sure it's in the right spot before the nurse can start feeds again. That's all done and he is back on schedule.
He only has one IV now; his PICC line.
Yesterday, Jenny brought the kids over for a visit. It was good to see them again! I think we overstimulated Adam, but glad he was able to see his siblings, and vise versa. I allowed myself a good cry when they left.
(Funny how your vocabulary grows when you start hanging out with medical people) :)
2 comments:
Ohhh it's a good day when they start pulling things out and start fighting back! We've been following it as we pray and think about you all (and we like the medical lingo too:-). It has been a profound experience from the beginning. Thanks for sharing his amazing progress. Adam and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Anna RN TVH
I appreciate that you update so regularly. Do you sleep and eat at the hospital? After leaving PICU will he go to a regular room? We are praying for you and your family. I saw Emily at the store (she was working) we chatted for a bit and she told me Mary is with them which is nice. I hope you are getting good sleep regularly :)
Post a Comment